A Disturbing Definition of Successful
- A Constitutional Amendment to allow Early Voting;
- $400 million in capital school construction;
- California emissions on new cars;
- A smoking ban on bars and restaurants;
- Curbing Ground Rent;
- Preventing the termination of at-will employees for political purposes;
- Allowing the state to override local zoning decisions for BRAC;
- Raise the gas tax;
- "Explore new revenue sources" (their words).
A truly successful legislative session, one that would protect the best interests of the citizens would make sure that taxes and fees are cut (particularly the gas tax), or if not cut, at least not raised; cutting government spending; and passing the tougher version of Meghan's Law. However, I highly doubt that Democratic legislative leaders would do so little.
Hang in their everybody, it's going to be a rough ride between now and April 9th...
Labels: General Assembly